H-1B visa graphic H1B visa DIY package graphic
     Home       Q & A       DIY Packages       Order Packages       About Us       Contact Us 
EB-1A     EB-1B     EB-1C    EB2 NIW     PERM Labor    Form I-140     Form I-485     RFE     Search
H-1B Visa     O-1 Visa     L-1 Visa     P Visa    J-1 Waiver     About Visa     Links     Family Immigration

H-1B Visa DIY Package Provides Detailed
Process for H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension

H-1B visa is a temporary nonimmigrant visa which allows alien professionals to work up to six years in the United States, and it also entitles the H-1B visa holder's spouse and children under the age of 21 to accompany them and legally live in the United States on an H-4 visa. The H-1B visa applicant must have experience or education in a specialty occupation. An alien worker must leave the U.S. after six years in H-1B status. There are exceptions including those alien workers who have a Labor Certification pending for more than 365 days, or a Form I-140 immigrant application approved, or those who changed their status to H-4 visa.

H-1B visa is designed to attract highly skilled professionals in a specialty occupation to work in the U.S. on a temporary basis. In an H-1B visa application process, the U.S. employer is the petitioner, while the alien worker is the beneficiary. Foreign workers themselves cannot apply for an H-1B visa to allow themselves to work in the U.S. The number of H-1B visas issued each year is subject to an annual cap that is determined by the U.S. Congress. The U.S. employer must offer employment in a specialty occupation, either on a full time or part time basis.

We are the premier online resource where the H-1B visa application process of how to file an H-1B visa application or an H-1B status extension for alien workers is detailed in our powerful Complete Do-It-Yourself H-1B visa/status application package. We provide H-1B visa DIY package and various H-1B visa application resources, and share the best practices and questions/answers to help your H-1B visa application process or your H-1B visa extension process.

H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension Resources for Alien Professionals

As a H-1B visa application requirement, a specialty occupation requires practical application of specialized knowledge. Examples of specialty occupations include engineers, nurses, professors, researchers, computer programmers, technicians, and other professionals. Foreign workers must possess at least a bachelor degree or its equivalent, and this equivalent requirement can usually be met by having a 3-year degree and 3 years of relevant post-graduate experience. If the applicant was awarded the degree from an institution not located in the U.S., that degree must be evaluated to determine if it is comparable to a U.S. awarded degree. If the alien possesses a U.S. bachelor degree or its equivalent, then no prior employment experience is required.

An U.S. employer seeking the services of an H-1B alien could be a person, firm, corporation, contractor, or other association or organization in the United States with an IRS tax identification number. There must be an employer-employee relationship, as indicated by the fact that the employer may hire, fire, pay, supervise or otherwise control the work of the employee. The employer must first file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), Form ETA 9035 or Form ETA 9035E, with the Department of Labor (DOL). An employer filed LCA attests that the H-1B visa worker is being paid the prevailing wage for the work being performed, and that employment of the foreign worker will not adversely affect the working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

As opposed to many other nonimmigrant visas, the major advantage of the H-1B visa is that it is a dual intent visa. In other words, under the terms of the H-1B visa, the alien employee can also apply for a U.S. Green Card and become a permanent resident of United States, and the H-1B visa application or H-1B visa extension will not be denied or invalidated because of the Green Card application. If an employer is willing, the employer can sponsor a foreign employee in H-1B status for a Green Card application.

At GreenCardApply.com, we are dedicated to providing the best resources for H-1B visa application and H-1B status extension, and we make every useful information available to help you prepare your H-1B visa application or extension. Our Do-It-Yourself H-1B Visa/Status Application Package and samples of reference letter/samples of cover letter will greatly help your application or extension process. Our H-1B visa/status DIY package is very helpful for alien workers with specialized knowledge.

Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for
H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension

To help you apply for H-1B visa or renew your H-1B status easily and quickly, we provide the high quality and case proved "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension" (H-1B DIY Package, or H-1B DIY Kit), based on our extensive and practical employment visa experience.

As added value in the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension, we provide comprehensive instructions on H-1B visa application requirements and processing, and we also let you know step-by-step H-1B application procedures, and how to obtain prevailing wage determination, how to receive a Labor Condition Application from Department of Labor, how to apply for H-1B status as a F-1 or J-1 student, and how to submit a complete H-1B application to USCIS. We also provide sample of cover letter, sample of filled forms, application check list, prevailing wage request methods, detailed description of H-1B annual cap and its exemption, detailed sample case analysis, various questions and answers for H-1B application and extension, and all required forms.

Alien workers with specialized knowledge can benefit from our added value to make the complicated H-1B visa application process much simpler and easier, at the same time meet the USCIS' rigorous requirements. Therefore, our Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Status Extension is much more beneficial than the U.S. Government website's free service. Therefore, if you apply for the H-1B visa or status by yourself, or if you have a lawyer to work for you, you will find our package to be very helpful. With the package, you get all the information you need and step-by-step knowledge of how to obtain your H-1B visa or renew your H-1B status. Please click here to order an Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for H-1B Visa Application and H-1B Visa Extension from us.

Ask William Your Question About
H-1B Requirements, H-1B Visa Application, and H-1B Status Extension

Click Here to Send an Email to William, if you have any questions about H-1B requirements, H-1B visa application, H-1B status extension, or how to apply for a Green Card as a H-1B visa or status holder. We offer general advice on common H-1B visa application related questions, and will reply to your questions in a timely manner. If you have any questions or comments about your application, please do not hesitate to send us an email.
Can H-4 Dependent Spouse Obtain the Employment Authorization Document?
As a F-1 Student, When Should I Apply for the Optional Practical Training?
The Changes to H-1B Registration and Lottery Process
The Current H-1B Visa Selection Process for the Fiscal Year 2024
International Travel During Cap Gap for Students between F-1 Program and New H-1B Job
The H-1B Registration Changes Proposed by USCIS for H-1B Lottery Selection Process
Can I Submit Multiple H-1B Cap Registrations?
The 2024 H-1B Registration Application Fraud 
The Grace Period for a Visa Holder After Employment Terminated 
An Important Difference In Dual Intent for O-1 and H-1B
H-1B or L1 Visa Holder Travelling outide the United States with Pending I-485 Application 
What Is the Detail of Recent Changes of the Fee Payments for H-1B Petition?
If I Quit My Job, Will It Jeopardize My J-1 Waiver and I Am Out of Status?
What Are the Consequences of Quitting My H-1B Employment?
What Are the Possible Ways to Remain in Legal Status in U.S. after Quitting a H-1B Job?
How to Register the H1B Cap Filing and H1B Visa Application?
Can I Use the Current I-140 Approval to File an H1B with a New Employer?
The Application of Prevailing Wage Determination for PERM and H-1B Programs
What Are the New Rules for the Third-Party Worksite Requirements of H1-B Workers?
My Employer Will Apply for H-1B visa for Me, How Is the Prevailing Wages Determined?
How to Maximize the Chances of Receiving H1B Petition Approvals for IT Consultants?
How to Maintain My H-1B Status after the Corporate Changes?
How to File the  Labor Condition Application for H1B by Using the FLAG System?
How to File Labor Condition Application (LCA) before Filing H-1B Application?
Do I Need to Also Extended My Wife and Son's H-4 Status?
Does an Increase in Salary Need H1B Amendment and LCA to Be Filed?
Do I Need to File an Amended H-1B Petition?
The H-1B Amendment For Employment Relocation
Can I Apply for 24-Month Optional Practical Training (OPT) as a MBA Student?
As a H-4 Visa Holder, Can I Apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
Can I Change My Nonimmigrant Status to O-1 After Green Card Application
Can I Change to Other Visa Type After Being Laid Off
Do I Have Go back to My Home Country to Get the H-1B Visa Stamping?
If I Am Laid off by My H-1B Employer, Can You Change Employer?
Establishing a Qualifying Employer-Employee Relationship for H-1B Application
President Trump's Executive Order to Control the Hiring of H-1B Workers 
USCIS Policy Change for Some Computer Programmers to Apply for H1B Status
USCIS Will Temporarily Suspend Premium Processing for all H-1B Petitions
President Trump's Immigration Executive Orders and H1B Program
What Should Consider When Evaluating the H-1B Employer-Employee Relationship?
It Is Necessary to Maintain H-4 Status for H-1B Spouse
The H-1B Requirement of Employer-Employee Relationship
New Fees for H-1B Status and L-1 Visa/Status Petition
File PERM Labor Certification Late and the Rules for H-1B Extensions
How to Use the DOL Wage Worksheet to Decide the Wage Level Properly?
The Dual Intent for H-1B Visa and L-1 Visa Application
As a Laid Off H-1B Employee, Do I Have an Automatic 10-Day Grace Period?
How to Qualify the H-4 Spouse Requirement for Work Permit?
The Qualification Requirements of Employment Authorization (EAD) for H-4 Spouse
Changing Employer for Laid Off H-1B Employees With Advance Notice
What Is the Eligibility for Cap-Gap Extension of My F-1 Status?
Why Would the USCIS Conduct a Site Visit for Alien Workers in H-1B, L-1, or O-1 Status?
The H-1B Visa and L Visa are Nonimmigrant Visa with "Dual Intent"
The Denial of H-1B Extension, and the Motion to Reopen or Reconsider the Case
Can I Continue to Work for My L-1B Employer after My H-1B Status Approval?
Is There a 60-day Grace Period for H-1B Laid-off to Looking for a New Job?
How to File Form I-290B to Appeal or Reopen the Denied H-1B Application?
Do I have to File a H-1B Visa Transfer Application with My New Employer?
H-1B Visa Application - Submission of False Experience Documents
How to Apply for H-1B Status Transfer to Another Employer
How to Change Back to H-1B Status Without Subject to H-1B Cap
If I Am Being Laid Off, Can I Apply for Some Other Status?
What Happens If I Find Another H-1B Visa Sponsoring Employer in the Meantime?
Do I Qualify for a Cap-Gap Extension of My Current F-1 Status?
The Automatic Status Extension and Employment after a H-1B Petition for F-1 Student
H-1B Employee's Relocation - Do I Need to File a New Labor Condition Application?
Can I Use My Experience with Current Employer to Apply for the PERM Labor Certification?
Could My Situation Qualify for the H-1B Requirement of "Employer-Employee Relationship"?
Do You Think My New Employer Should File an Amended H-1B Petition to USCIS?
What Is the 221(g) Refusal? and What Can I Do to Get the H-1B Visa Approval?
W2 Form Does not Match with LCA, Is This a Problem for My H-1B Status Renew or DOL?
Retrieving the unused Optional Practical Training (OPT) For F-1 Students
H-1B Fees for U.S. Worker Training and Fraud Prevention
How to Understand and Fill the Part 6 of the Form I-129 for H-1B, L-1, O-1 Visa Application?
Does This Means that She Failed to Maintain Her H-4 Status in U.S.?
The "Cap-Gap" Relief for a F-1 Student Changing to H-1B Status
To Keep My Legal Status in U.S. Am I Eligible for the "Cap-Gap Relief"?
Is It Possible to Transfer from L-1 Visa to H-1B Visa Without Waiting
Do I Have Legal Basis to Work in U.S. If My Employer Reopens the H-1B Case?
Does a Brief Business Trip to U.S. Will Make Me Ineligible for Another 6 Years of H-1B
The Risks to Use the H1B Portability to Change Employer
I Want an H-1B Because of the Green Card, and My L-1 Employer Won't Sponsor Me

Please click here to see more William's answers for frequently asked H-1B visa related questions. The questions and answers for H-1B visa application or extension are updated regularly.






H1B visa application graphic
Home | Immigration Questions & Answers | Do-It-Yourself Package | Order DIY Package | About Us | Contact Us | Testimonials | Search
EB-1A Application | EB-1B Application | NIW Application | EB-1C Application | PERM Labor Certification | Form I-140 Application
Form I-485 | Request For Evidence | H-1B Visa | O-1 Visa | L-1 Viva | P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa | J-1 WaiverFamily Immigration
Disclaimer  |  Privacy Policy  |  Advisory Notice

  © 1997-2024 www.greencardapply.com | H-1B Visa Application | H-1B Status Extension | H1B Visa DIY Package | H-1B Visa Requirements