Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
How  to File the Labor Certification PERM application with the ETA Form 9089?

Hi William,

My employer has completed the advertisement process. How  to file the Labor Certification PERM application with the DOL using ETA Form 9089?


After the advertisements are complete, your employer should file the PERM application with the DOL using ETA Form 9089, if there is no qualified and willing U.S. workers applied for the job position.

Like with the prevailing wage request, your employer should file the
ETA Form 9089 electronically at the DOL website at http://www.plc.doleta.gov. The ETA Form 9089 provides the DOL with information on the job opportunity, information on the employer’s recruitment process, and information on the foreign worker, such as:
  • the worksite location,
  • job duties,
  • job requirements,
  • where the employer placed the advertisements,
  • advertisements dates,
  • worker’s place of birth,
  • worker’s education credentials,
  • worker’s work experience.
After filing the ETA Form 9089, you should wait several months for the DOL to adjudicate the PERM. The DOL can approve the PERM, or deny the PERM, or audit the PERM.

If your PERM is audited, the DOL will ask your employer to provide additional evidence for the application. After your employer responds to the audit request, the DOL will review the new evidence and either approve or deny the PERM.

After receiving the approved PERM, your employer can move on to the next big step of the process, which is filing an I-140 visa petition on your behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com