Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Can I Apply for Premium Processing of O1 Visa?

Hi William,

Can I apply for O1 visa by myself? can I apply for Premium Processing of O1 visa?


You cannot apply for the O1 visa as an individual. A U.S. employer has to sponsor your O1 visa. To sponsor you, the U.S. employer must file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with the Form I-129 O/P supplement, and supporting documentation.

The petition is submitted to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Service center with jurisdiction over the location of the job. Once the USCIS approves of the O1 visa petition, you may apply for the O1 visa at an American Consulate overseas.

For premium processing of O1 visa application, the O1 petition can be adjudicated within 15 calendar days by applying for premium processing. For an additional fee, the USCIS guarantees a prompt decision on your O1 petition. You will receive either an approval notice, a request for further evidence, or a notice of intent to deny the petition ithin 15 calendar days from the date you applied for premium processing of your O1 visa. If USCIS fails to respond within 15 calendar days, it will refund the fee and continue to process the petition under the expedited process.

An O1 petition is filed on USCIS Form I-129, along with the I-129 O/P Supplement. Your O1 petition must include a written consultation with a peer group in your area of ability, and a copy of any written contract between you and your employer, or summary of terms of the oral agreement under which you will be employed.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com