Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Applying for U.S. Green Card in the Category of EB2 with a BS Degree

Hi William,

I have a BS degree and more than 6 years working experience in the field. How could I apply for US. Green Card in the category of EB2 for the PERM Labor Certification?


There are several possible ways for a sponsored alien employee to qualify for EB2 based PERM Labor Certification. Most commonly, it requires a showing that the employer needs an individual with an advanced degree in the position and that the sponsored worker has that degree. The qualifying degree may be an advanced degree (master's or doctorate) earned in the United States or its foreign equivalent.

Alternatively, EB2 qualification includes a position requiring a U.S. bachelor's degree or its foreign equivalent and five years of progressive (i.e. post-baccalaureate) experience. For cases filed on this basis, these requirements must be met in order for the USCIS to assign the EB2 classification to the petition. Thus, if you know the requirements for the position, as stated in the PERM Labor Certification, this will indicate the case category.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com