Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
How to Apply for a P2 Visa at an American Consulate?

Hi William,

As a performer, how to apply for a P2 visa at an American Consulate to join a performance event in U.S?


A performer should prove that he or she plays an integral part in the performance of the event. The defination is that P2 visa performer should perform "an integral part of the performance which cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker and which are essential to the successful performance of the services."

A U.S. employer or agent, or a foreign employer through a U.S. agent may petition the USCIS by submitting the following documents:

1) USCIS Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker;

2) USCIS Form I-129 P Supplement, P classification Supplement to Form I-129;

3) Statement from the sponsoring U.S. organization describing the reciprocal exchange arrangement;

4) A copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the U.S. organization sponsoring you and the organization in your home country which will receive the U.S. artists or entertainers;

5) Copies of evidence describing your experience and skills, and those of the U.S. nationals visiting your home country;

6) An official affidavit that confirms the existence of the exchange program between the U.S. and your home country;

7) A contract and schedule of events describing terms and conditions of performance including pay, performance dates, and duration of contract;

8) No objection letters from the union, or an advisory opinion from a peer group;

9) Written contract between your group and the sponsoring employer or agent, or, if there is no written contract, a thorough description of your oral agreement;

10) An explanation of the event and its itinerary.

To apply for the P2 visa
at an American Consulate, you should provide a copy of the Notice of Action, Form I-797, the approval notice forwarded to U.S. employer by USCIS when the petition is approved. The P-2 visa application must include the following documents:

a) DOS Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application;

b) A copy of your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page;

c) Passport style color photograph showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member, This can be uploaded at the time you complete the DS-160;

d) A letter from your U.S. employer detailing your position and a statement that you possess skills essential to the performance of the job offered.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com