|P-1 Visa for Entertainer and Application Evidences|
As an entertainer, I will join a circus group with sustained international recognition to perform in the United States for 12 months. Do I qualify for a P-1 visa? and how to provide the application evidence?
The P-1 visa is the good choice of visa application for athletes and entertainers who do not meet the “extraordinary ability” standard required for an O-1 visa. The P-1 visa is not available to an individual person or entertainer. The P-1 visa is only available to members of a group entertainers or athletes that have an international reputation. This group should perform regularly for at least 1-year, and the most of the members should perform with the group for at least one year.
U.S. employer should file the P-1 visa petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with the proof of the group’s sustained international recognition, such as nomination or receipt of significant international awards/prizes, or at least 3 of the following evidences:
1) proof that the group has or will star or take a leading role in productions or events with distinguished reputations;
2) reviews or published material showing that the group has achieved international recognition and acclaim for outstanding achievement in the field;
3) proof that the group has and will star or take a leading role in productions or events for organizations with distinguished reputations;
4) proof of large box office receipts or ratings showing the group has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes;
5) proof that the group has received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts, or
6) proof that the group commands a high salary or other substantial remuneration.
For circus performers and essential personnel, they do not need to have been part of the group for at least 1-year to get a P-1 visa, if the circus has a nationally recognized outstanding reputation.
|Questions & Answers for Green Card Application|
|EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)|
|EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)|
|EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)|
|EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)|
|Form I-485 Adjustment of Status|
|PERM Labor Certification|
|Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification|
|Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa|
|Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application|
|J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence|
|H-1B Visa Application or Extension|
|O-1 Visa Application or Extension|
|L-1 Visa Application or Extension|
|P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension|
|William's Answers for Immigration Questions|
For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
© Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com