Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
How to Conduct the PERM Labor Certification Recruitment Process

Hi William:

My company needs to hire a Computer Engineer who is now a F-1 student, and will start the Labor Certification process for his Green Card application after his employment. 

Please let us know how to conduct the PERM Labor Certification recruitment process? and do we have to also post the job position in the Job Bank of State Labor Department?


The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has policies for the required PERM Labor Certification recruitment process for employers. The U.S. employers should use newspaper and 3 other forms for additional recruitments. Also, an employer should also post the job position in the Job Bank of its State Labor Department. 

In the recruitment process, the employer should respond to all applicants and their resumes properly. Also, the employer should have an appropriate candidate screening process and interview process.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com