Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
EB2 Immigration Category for
Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degree

Hi William,

I have a Master degree in engineering. My employer's lawyer wants to file the Labor Certification for me in the EB3 category. But I believe that I should be able to qualify for EB2
category - Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degree. Do you think I am right?


The EB2 category includes members of the professions holding advanced degrees. This category could be used by an alien applicant with at least a Master degree, provided that all requirements are met. The requirements are:

  1) the alien applicant is working for a U.S. employer who files a petition on his/her behalf;

  2) the underlying position requires, at a minimum, a professional holding an advanced degree or the equivalent;

  3) the petitioning employer has obtained an Labor Certification (LC) from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) on behalf of the alien applicant; and  

  4) the alien applicant meets or exceeds all the minimum requirements listed on the 
Labor Certification.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com