Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Minimum Requirements When Employer Seeks Labor Certification in EB2

Hi William:

As an employer, we want to sponsor an alien employee for Green Card in EB2 category. This employee has a bachelor’s degree plus four years experience in the field. Can we apply Green Card for him in EB2? and what other minimum requirements we need to know? Thank you very much.


U.S. employers planning to sponsor immigrants in category EB-2 must take particular care when listing the minimum requirements for the position. The employer must clearly state that the minimum requirements are a master’s degree, or a bachelor’s degree plus five years’ progressive post-bachelor’s degree experience. 

For example, if the employer says that the minimum requirement is either a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree plus a mere two years’ experience, that will not be enough to gain approval in EB2. Also, employer just makes this statement alone will not be enough, and the employer will need to prove that the job truly does require such progressive experience. 

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com