Home William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  
Am I Subject to the Two-Year Home Country Physical Presence Requirement?

Hi William,

I am a J-1 exchange visitor in United States, How couls I know if I am subject to the two-year home country physical presence requirement?


Some J-1 exchange visitors are subject to the two-year home-country physical presence requirement. You are subject the
home-country physical presence requirement if one or more of the following situation applies to you:

1) Government funded Exchange Program: You participated in a program funded in whole or in part by a U.S. government agency, your home country’s government, or an international organization that received funding from the U.S. government or your home country’s government.

2) Specialized Knowledge or Skill: You participated in a program involving an area of study or field of specialized knowledge designated as necessary for further development of your home country, and appears on the Exchange Visitor Skills List for your home country. Please see:

3) Graduate Medical Education/Training: You participated in a program to receive graduate medical education or training.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com