Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Requirements for Green Card Application in EB1 Multinational Executives and Managers

Hi William,

I have L-1A visa now in U.S. for more than a year, and I want to apply for Green Card in the category of EB1 Multinational Executives and Managers. What are the basic requirements for this category? and how could I prepare the application documents to qualify for it?


The third EB1 category is for Multinational Executives and Managers. This king of application must be sponsored by an employer, but also do not require a labor certification. This category is generally used for persons who are in the nonimmigrant L-1A visa category. The requirements are that there must be a qualifying relationship between a U.S. employer or sponsor and a foreign operation for which the employee worked abroad. The candidate must have been employed abroad for one year out of the past three years for the qualifying employer.

This one-in-three-year requirement can be met if the employee is in the U.S. for more than three years, if the alien employee is working for the same employer or affiliate/subsidiary, and was employed for at least one year out of the three years abroad before coming to the United States.

The individual also must be coming to the U.S. to provide managerial or executive level services to the same employer or a subsidiary or affiliate. There are strict definitions of managerial / executive that must be met. Essentially, these are high-level managers and executives, who are responsible for directing the company or an important department or component of the company.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com