Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
File Green Card Application in EB1 Outstanding Professor or Researcher (EB1B)

Hi William:

I am a researcher at a company. It is possible that I may change job soon. Should I file Green Card application in EB1 Outstanding Professor or Researcher (EB1B) now?


Since EB1B (EB1 Outstanding Professor or Researcher) is employer sponsored immigration, you should not file EB1B before changing job. You should get your new employer's sponsorship for EB1B after the job change.

An EB1 Outstanding Researcher or Professor petition requires a job offer from an employer. In addition, EB1 Outstanding Researcher or Professor category is definitely an employer specific immigrant classification, a change of employer while your petition is pending may terminate your Green Card petition. 

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com