Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Educational Degree be Submitted with the H-1B Petition at the Time of Filing

Hi William,

I want to let my employer to apply the H-1B status for me next week. But I will get my Master Degree within about 2 months. Does USCIS require that an educational degree be submitted with the H-1B petition at the time of filing?


Evidence of the beneficiary’s educational degree must be submitted at the time of filing. If all of the requirements for the degree have been met, but the degree has not yet been awarded, the following alternate evidence may be submitted:

a) a copy of the beneficiary’s final transcript; or 

b) a letter from the Registrar confirming that all of the degree requirements have been met. 

If the educational institution does not have a Registrar, such letter must be signed by the person in charge of the educational records where the degree will be awarded.

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com