Can I Ask My Employer to Sponsor
My Green Card Application When I Am in L-2 Status?

Dr. William:

I have L-2 visa for 2 years, and currently for an employer with EAD. Can I ask my employer to sponsor my Green Card application when I am in L-2 status? or I need to have H1B status to apply for Green Card?


With L-2 visa or status, you can apply for Green Card. The only requirement is that you need to maintain a legal visa or status like L-2 visa working on EAD, or with a H visa. You do not have to change your visa to H1B to apply for Green Card. Working on EAD will give your more flexibility to change job, and the H1B status is employer specific.








Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service