The Following- to- join Benefit for a Permanent Resident's Spouse


Dr. William:

I recently got my employment-based I-485 application approval and the Green Card. Now, I want to bring my wife to United States. We married a few years ago before I come to the United States with a H-1B visa. Please let me how would I do this, Thank you very much. 

A: Since the spousal relationship have existed before your admission to the United States, your wife may qualify for the following-to-join benefit for a permanent resident's spouse. You should file Form I-824 at the USCIS office that took the I-485 approval on your case. The documents you must file with the USCIS include a copy of the I-797, Notice of Action, for your original I-485 application.

If your I-824 application is approved, USCIS will notify a U.S. consulate in your wife's country that you are a U.S. lawful permanent resident, so that your wife can apply for a following-to-join immigrant visa. Your wife must then contact the local U.S. consulate to complete the visa processing.






Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service