Can I Use the EAD to Work for Another Employer?


Dr. William:

I concurrently filed the I-140 and I-485 applications based on my employer's sponsorship, and got my EAD work permit recently. If in any case I lose my current job, can I use the EAD to work for another employer?    


Generally, you can work for another employer using EAD. But if you lose your current job, your employer's sponsorship for I-140 and I-485 applications will be no longer valid, and your employer may cancel or revoke the applications. In this situation, the USCIS may terminate the I-140/I-485 applications and the EAD. Therefore, it is the best to file a H-1B petition and an I-140 application with the new employer.




Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service