Substitute Previous I-140 Petition in The I-485 Application with The Approved One

Dr. William:

I have a question about filing I-485. Now I have filed my NIW petition, if I want to file I-485 later, we should give the receipt of I-140 petition, right? Since I have filed EB1-Outstanding Researcher several months ago by my attorney, when I filed I-485, shall I give the receipt of NIW or both? If I only give the receipt of NIW, when my EB1-Outstanding Researcher is approved, can this I-485 be used by EB1-Outstanding Researcher?  Thank you!


If you want to file I-485 later, you should include the receipt of I-140 petition with your I-485 application. Thereafter, if your another I-140 get approved, like EB1-Outstanding Researcher, you can let the USCIS know, and substitute your previous I-140 petition in the I-485 application with the approved I-140 petition.







Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service