Filing Two Green Card Petitions at the Same Time

Dr. William:

I have worked for my current employer about 2 years with H-1b visa. When I ask my company to support my green card application, my company hired lawyer wants to file Labor Certification for me. 

I think it may take too long, so I discussed the option of NIW application with the lawyer. But he still think the NIW may not good for me. What I should do?


When choosing green card application category, Labor Certification may be considered. However, Labor Certification process is too long to get approval. Thus, serious thought must be given to the petition of EB-1 or NIW, according to an applicant's qualification.

If you believe that you meet qualification requirements of EB1 or NIW, applying Green Card through Labor Certification should not be your first choice. Another option is to file two petitions at the same time - a petition based on Labor Certification, another petition based on NIW or EB-1.








Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service