Do I Have to Apply for Advanced Parole Document for Travel Aboard?


Dr. William:

I am an assistant professor in an US university, and my I-485 application is pending. My current visa is H-1B. Do I have to apply for Advanced Parole Document for travel aboard for an International meeting?


According to USCIS instruction of Advanced Parole Document application, if you have filed Form I-485 and your current valid status is H-1, you do not need to apply for Advanced Parole.

However, upon returning to the US, you must present your valid H nonimmigration visa and continue to remain eligible for that status.





Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service