Do I Need To File A H-1B Amendment For My Employment Relocation?

Dr. William:

I am a system engineer in a network design and administration consulting company. My H-1B was approved half year ago at city A, but now I need to work for a customer at city B. Do I need to file a H-1B amendment for my employment relocation?


According to recent USCIS opinion, an employer does not have to file a H-1B amendment when they relocate employees to other job sites if the LCA notice was posted and approved before the relocation, which gives the freedom for the employer to move around their employees without going through the cumbersome and expensive H-1B amendment procedure. However, in the past, people are very cautious to file a H-1B amendment in this situation.







Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service