Can I Change to Another University after One Year of I-485 Filing?

Dr. William:

I am an assistant professor in an university. My university applied for green card for me based on outstanding researcher category, and the application was approved on September  2002. I filed I-485 thereafter, and now the case is pending. My question is: can I change to another university after one year of I-485 filing? and will this change affect my I-485 application negatively from the view of the USCIS?


According to AC-21, you can change employer after 180 days of I-485 application. You can apply for H-1B or using EAD. If your previous employer revokes you I-140 application later, it may cause your problem for I-485 approval (based on new USCIS information, this should not happen, but it happened before).








Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service