Work Permit After I-140 NIW Approval

Dr. William:

I have two questions about a green card application in NIW category. Once the I-140 petition gets approved, then I can apply for a work permit. This work permit has to be used in the same field as mentioned in the Form I-140. Right?

Also, once you have your I-140 approved, do you lose your current citizenship?


First, your work permit (EAD) based on I-140 approval should be used in the some field as your I-140 petition. After I-140 approval, you do not lose your current citizenship. Only after you become an U.S. citizen, you MAY lose your current citizenship, but it depends on your current country's law.







Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service