J-1 Status Works For A Company With H-1B

Dr. William:

I am currently in J-1 (exchange visitor) status as a post doctor in an university, for wireless research. May I obtain an H-1B status to work for a wireless company in my local city?


Yes, you may obtain an H-1B, but you should be not subject to the two-year requirement for your home country. This means that you need to get the two-year waiver first. 








Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service