Can I Travel Outside the United States During I-485 Waiting?


Dr. William:

Currently, I am waiting for the I-485 result from USCIS, can I travel outside U.S. at this time?

If you are applying for adjustment to permanent resident status, you must receive advance permission to return to the United States if you are traveling outside the United States.

This advance permission is called Advance Parole. If you do not apply for Advance Parole from USCIS before you leave the country, you will abandon your application with the USCIS and you may not be permitted to return to the United States.





Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service