Substitute Newly Approved I-140 to Submitted I-485


Dr. William:

I had Outstanding Researcher I-140 approval and I filed I-485 two months ago. Now I switched to a new employer in same field. My new I-140 is approved with the new employer too, is it possible to substitute this new I-140 to my already-submitted I-485 (sponsored by my old employer)?

In other words, can I substitute the old I-140 from previous employer with a new I-140 with my new employer in I-485 stage (I-485 was filed two months ago with my old employer), or I need to file a new I-485?


You can replace the previous I-140 approval with the newly approved I-140 for your current I-485 petition. EB1-OR petition is employer dependent, but you want to keep is the I-485 application date. What you should do is to send USCIS a certified letter with return receipt requirement, and include a copy of your new I-140 approval notice for your new employer and your previous I-485 fee receipt notice from USCIS

Also, in your letter, you should let USCIS officer know that you wish to use the newly approved I-140 to replace the old one. Once USCIS receives it and you get return receipt back from USCIS, you may assume that USCIS has been noticed for the change.  




Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service