Is there any Requirement
that a Person Has to Work in the Same Area ff His PhD?

Dr. William:

I have a PhD in physics from a US university and now working in software design field. I am considering applying Green Card in EB1(EA or OR), is there any implicit requirement that a person has to work in the same area of his PhD to be eligible to file I-140 application under EB1?


It certainly helps to work in the same area as the PhD, but there is nothing that suggests that you have to work
in the same area.

The software design and computer programming are common in every field. You can always try to prove that your contributions in software started in your field of physics, and then you expanded your programming expertise to other areas. It all depends on how you present your case and letters of recommendation.








Green Card Apply Service - For All Your Immigration Needs

Green Card Apply Service